223 Remington 62 grain Chaos hollow point boat tail
If you’re looking for the most lethal ammo for your AR15 this is it. It is designed to dump all its energy into soft tissue. Making it great for self defense ammo.
Avg. 3100 FPS
The development of this technology was the result of an animal control agency's request for a no lead .243 bullet that would provide extensive wound trauma with little minimal pass through energy. Basically the idea was to burst the bullet into numerous particles at a predetermined depth creating many wounds and a large temporary cavity with shot placement at or near the central nervous system. The agency had tried copper matrix frangible rounds and found the penetration depth and particle size were less than what was require for proper terminal performance.
- Many wound channels resulting in extensive damage
- CNC machined from solid copper or brass, not formed or swaged
- Exceptional accuracy from the advanced manufacturing process
- A separate base for penetration along the original trajectory
- No lead designs for agencies requiring green projectiles
Some good articles of why ammo is gone and so expensive.
Click here article in Guns and Ammo magazine
Click here article from Recoil magazine
Click here article on primer shortages Guns and Ammo magazine